|PROPERTY MANAGEMENT - APPLICATION
|Please note: this RE/MAX site is located in Virginia Beach, VA. Please be sure you are filling out an application for Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake,Portsmouth, or surrounding Hampton Roads and North Carolina properties only.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure you review the information below regarding the Rental Application process prior to completing the online application. For security reasons your online application submission will automatically time out after 20 minutes of inactivity. Please be sure to have all necessary paperwork prior to filling out the application online.(examples are recent paystubs, LES, previous address, employment information)|
THE RENTAL APPLICATION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in our rental property. The following information is provided to assist you with the rental application process. Applicant acknowledges that the RE/MAX Alliance Listing Agent represents the Owner of this property. (Please initial at the bottom of the page).
If you prefer to apply online, please visit http://www.remax-alliance-virginiabeach-va.com/pages/propertymgt. Have all necessary information ready as the online system will time out after a certain period for security purposes.
If you prefer to print the application as a PDF, please click here.
1. Filling Out Your Application: A married couple may complete one application. A separate application is required for each adult 18 years old and over who will be living in the property. A photo ID is required for all applicants no later than lease signing.
2. Application Fee: The following fees must be submitted with the completed applications: The application fee is $40 per adult (any person over the age of 18) or $50 per married couple. This fee is non-refundable and must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order made payable to RE/MAX Alliance. We DO NOT accept cash or personal checks for application fees.
3. Application Review: In addition to the information on your application the following items will be verified:
A formula is used to determine whether the applicant has sufficient income to pay the rent for the property in question: Monthly payments plus proposed rent divided by monthly gross income must not exceed 40% to receive an acceptable rating for this category. This is an industry accepted ratio and may be adjusted on a case by case basis. Each property manager is an independent contractor with RE/MAX Alliance. Qualifying criteria and fees may vary between Property Managers.
4. Security Deposit: Once the application is approved, the security deposit and any additional fees and deposits must be received within 24 hours by certified funds or wire, payable to RE/MAX Alliance. Additional fees / deposits may be required at this time.
5. Lease: When the security deposit is received, arrangements will be made to sign the lease documents within 7 days. If applicant fails to execute the lease, return the lease within 72 hours of receipt, honor the terms of the lease and/or occupy the property, this shall result in the forfeiture of the portion of security deposits and fees equal to Owner’s actual damages and expenses.
Applicant(s) acknowledges that Agent reserves the right to hold the security deposit until the lease is finalized and applicant(s) should be aware that the property may remain active on the rental market until the lease is finalized.
6. First Month’s Rent & Applicable Fees: Your first month’s rent is due on the lease start date.
7. Remaining Monthly Rent Payments: Rent is to be paid via direct debit. Your account will be drafted the evening of the 1st business day of the month. We will provide the enrollment form when you sign your lease. Anyone that does not pay their rent via direct debit may be required to pay an additional monthly processing fee in their rent payment. This fee will be addressed in the lease. Rent is due at our office the 1st day of each month.
8. Rental Insurance Policy: Proof of your rental insurance policy must be provided by the starting date of your lease. Your policy must have a minimum liability of $300,000 and include RE/MAX Alliance as an additional insured under the liability section of the renter’s insurance policy. Check with your insurance company about flood insurance, loss of use riders and additional provisions for your protection.
9. DISCLOSURES: After the submission of this application there will be additional disclosures to be signed specific to the premises on this application.